Dr. J.D. McCoy is one of most accomplished physicians practicing aesthetic medicine in Arizona. Aesthetic medicine is the art of cosmetic rejuvenation using less-invasive medical treatments. Dr. McCoy recognizes that patients want to look and feel good, and that optimizing internal health is connected to enhancing the external appearance. He is recognized as an innovator and physician trainer for multiple technologies and techniques in cosmetic medicine.
Dr. J.D. McCoy received his doctorate in Naturopathic Medicine at the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine. He completed an internship in internal medicine in Hawaii, and began specialized training, certification, and externship in cosmetic medicine and light-based therapies. Dr. McCoy has devoted his specialization, passion and his entire practice to the art of less-invasive cosmetic rejuvenation, weight-management, and natural bio-identical hormone therapy since 2003.
Dr. McCoy’s principles in the practice of aesthetic medicine include: prevention, using natural substances (light/energy, nutrients and other natural substances), and using the least invasive treatment possible. Dr. McCoy finds innovative solutions that reduce or eliminate the need for more invasive surgery- beautiful results naturally.
- Advanced Injection Trainer and Physician Speaker for Galderma: Sculptra, Restylane Silk, Restylane Lyft, and Dysport. Over 10 years of experience and among the top injectors in Arizona and Nationally.
- Advanced Injection Trainer and Physician Speaker for Suneva: Bellafill. One of the top injectors in Arizona and Nationally.
- Physician Trainer and Advisory Council Member for Thermi-RF: Thermitight, Thermismooth and Thermi-VA. One of the first physicians in the country to use the Thermi-RF for fat contouring and skin tightening, and one of the pioneers in vaginal rejuvenation using Thermi-Va.
- Luminary Physician Speaker for Sciton: Halo hybrid laser resurfacing.
- Luminary Physician Speaker, Clinical Advisor and National Trainer for Alma Lasers: Non-surgical body contouring and skin tightening.
- Performed over 150 Threadlifts: a less-invasive facelift that is done in an hour with minimal downtime.
- Resurfaced over 1000 faces using Erbium, CO2, radiofrequency and Plasma devices.
- Founding Board Member, Naturopathic Physicians Board of Aesthetic Medicine.
- Physician Member: American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery, American Academy of Aesthetic Medicine, American Society of Aesthetic Mesotherapy, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics and Science.
Cosmetic Medicine Academies: Membership as distinction
Dr. McCoy is a physician member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery. He is the first Naturopathic Physician to attain membership in the AACS. Members are committed to the highest standards in cosmetic medicine and continuing education.